Hello Virginia seniors! On this page you will find a complete list of 2018 Medicare Advantage Plans for Virginia beneficiaries, organized by county. Not familiar with Medicare Advantage? No problem, it’s easy. An Advantage Plan replaces your Original Medicare with a traditional HMO or PPO health plan that offers you more coverage.
Locate and click on your Virginia county to compare plans. Not all counties have the same plans available, and some rural counties may not offer Medicare Advantage. It’s all based on the adequate availability of healthcare provider networks.
Locate a Medicare Agent in Virginia!
Ready to get quotes? We keep a up-to-date list of Medicare insurance agents licensed to sell plans in Virginia. Click Here Now to meet your agents. Get confidential quotes online to find the best rate.
Medicare Advantage vs. Original Medicare with Medigap: Virginia Full Coverage Choices
Many seniors worry that a Medicare Advantage Plan will limit their services. If this is your worry, there is a second way to get full coverage healthcare. Medicare supplemental insurance combined and a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan work with your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits to give you the best coverage possible. If you are not aware of the benefits offered by Medicare Supplement insurance in Virginia, and how this type of plan protects you from excessive deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, visit our Medicare Supplement Insurance page. All supplements sold in Virginia are standardized and regulated by the state. That means you can shop for the lowest price and rest assured that you’ll get all of the same benefits.
When and How to Enroll in a Virginia Medicare Advantage Plan
If you want to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan available in Virginia, you can do so during an enrollment period. Virginia seniors turning 65, and those with Medicare Disability, have an Individual Enrollment Period (IEP). Your IEP starts two months before you are eligible and ends two months after eligibility. After that you must enroll or make changes to your plan during the Annual Election Period (AEP), more commonly known as open enrollment. AEP starts 15 October and ends promptly on 7 December.
Are you ready to enroll, but you’re not quite sure how? No problem, it’s easy! Most Virginia seniors use an independent Medicare insurance agent to walk them through the whole process. Your agent is well versed in all of the plans available in your county, and they will help you compare plan features without trying to sell you on one plan or another. In fact, by law agents are required to follow strict selling and marketing guidelines. It’s all for your protection. If you’d rather not use a local agent, you can go directly to Medicare.gov. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in Virginia
- 2018 Virginia Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2018 Virginia Medicare Supplements
- 2018 Virginia Medicare Part D Plans
2018 Medicare Advantage Plans in Virginia
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Virginia, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- HumanaChoice R5826-079
- HumanaChoice R5826-063
- Aetna Medicare Connect Plus
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-003
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-042
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 2
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 1
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-004
- HumanaChoice H6609-098
- HumanaChoice H6609-144
- Aetna Medicare Select Plan
- Aetna Medicare Essential Plan
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential
- HumanaChoice H6609-095
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-015
- HumanaChoice H6609-092
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-016
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-029
- HumanaChoice H6609-100
- Aetna Medicare Innovation Prime Plan
- Aetna Medicare Innovation Choice Plan
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-108
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-091
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-101
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-008
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus Basic w/D (AB)
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus Std w/Part D (AB)
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus Std w/o D (AB)
- Piedmont Select Medicare Option Two
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus High w/Part D (AB)
- Piedmont Select Medicare Option Three
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus High w/o D (AB)
- Piedmont Select Medicare Option One
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Plus Basic w/o D (AB)
- HumanaChoice H6609-096
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-087
- Optima Medicare Enhanced
- Humana Gold Plus H6622-004
- Optima Medicare Basic
- Anthem MediBlue Smart Fit
- Anthem MediBlue Local
- Humana Gold Choice H2944-078
- Humana Gold Plus H6622-005
- Humana Gold Plus H2012-055
- HumanaChoice H6609-117
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Freedom
- Anthem MediBlue Access