Greetings Oklahoma seniors, and welcome! If you’re looking for a 2017 Medicare Advantage Plan for Oklahoma seniors with Medicare, you’re in the right place. An Advantage Plan is an approved HMO or PPO healthcare plan that you can elect to replace your Original Medicare private-fee-for-service benefits. They are designed to save you money and reduce your financial risk.
Rural counties in Oklahoma may have few HMO or PPO health plans, or possibly none at all. Advantage Plan providers uses hospital and doctor networks to provide care. Find your county below to start comparing plans..
Find a Oklahoma Medicare Insurance Agent!
We maintain an exclusive list of Medicare insurance agents and agencies licensed to sell Medicare Advantage plans in Oklahoma. Click Here to see your agents. You can request confidential quotes online to compare rates.
Supplement Plans vs. Advantage HMO or PPO: Full Coverage Health Plan Options in Oklahoma
If you’re concerned that an HMO or PPO health plan will overly limit your care, a Medicare Advantage Plan is not your only option. For a small amount more in your monthly premium you can have the best senior healthcare available. When you keep your Original Medicare and supplement it with Medicare Part D and supplemental Medicare insurance, you have full coverage with very few restrictions. Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) in Oklahoma protects you from the risk of big hospital and doctor bills. See our Medicare Supplemental Insurance page for more information. You will be relieved to know that all supplement plan available in Oklahoma are are standard. That means you have the benefit of shopping by best price.
Oklahoma Medicare Advantage Enrollment Options
Medicare Advantage open enrollment for Oklahoma beneficiaries, called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), happens every year starting on the 1st of October. AEP ends on the 7th of December, and your new plan election starts on the 1st of January. If you are new to Medicare, you are given a one-time Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most folks, their IEP happens then they reach age 65. In rare cases, Medicare will grant a special enrollment period. If you miss your IEP or the AEP, you’ll have to wait until the next AEP to enroll, so mark your calendar.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in Oklahoma use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in Oklahoma
- 2017 Oklahoma Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2017 Oklahoma Medicare Supplements
- 2017 Oklahoma Medicare Part D Plans
2017 Medicare Advantage Plans in Oklahoma
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Oklahoma, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- HumanaChoice R5826-069
- HumanaChoice R5826-013
- GlobalHealth Medicare Option 2
- GlobalHealth Medicare Option 1
- GlobalHealth Medicare Option 5
- GlobalHealth Medicare Option 4
- GlobalHealth Medicare Option 3
- HumanaChoice H6609-126
- HumanaChoice H6609-121
- Generations Healthcare Value
- Generations Healthcare Classic
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-120
- Humana Gold Choice H2944-197
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-122
- Humana Gold Choice H2944-013
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Choice Plus
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Premier Plus
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Basic
- Advantra Freedom
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons
- Senior Health Plan Silver Plus
- Senior Health Plan Silver
- Senior Health Plan Platinum Plus
- Senior Health Plan Platinum
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Plan 2
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Plan 1
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential
- Coventry Total Care (no drug)
- Coventry Total Care
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx
- Humana Gold Plus H4145-001
- Humana Gold Plus H4145-002
- Advantra Connect Plus
- Advantage Premier
- Advantage Choice Plus
- Advantage Choice