Hello North Carolina seniors! On this page you will find a complete list of 2017 Medicare Advantage Plans for North Carolina beneficiaries, organized by county. Not familiar with Medicare Advantage? No problem, it’s easy. An Advantage Plan replaces your Original Medicare with a traditional HMO or PPO health plan that offers you more coverage.
Be aware that some North Carolina counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Find a North Carolina Medicare Insurance Agent!
We maintain an exclusive list of Medicare insurance agents and agencies licensed to sell Medicare Advantage plans in North Carolina. Click Here to see your agents. You can request confidential quotes online to compare rates.
Medicare Advantage vs. Original Medicare with Medigap: North Carolina Full Coverage Choices
Many seniors worry that a Medicare Advantage Plan will limit their services. If this is your worry, there is a second way to get full coverage healthcare. Medicare supplemental insurance combined and a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan work with your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits to give you the best coverage possible. If you are not aware of the benefits offered by Medicare Supplement insurance in North Carolina, and how this type of plan protects you from excessive deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, visit our Medicare Supplement Insurance page. All supplements sold in North Carolina are standardized and regulated by the state. That means you can shop for the lowest price and rest assured that you’ll get all of the same benefits.
When and How to Enroll in a North Carolina Medicare Advantage Plan
Medicare Advantage open enrollment for North Carolina beneficiaries, called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), happens every year starting on the 1st of October. AEP ends on the 7th of December, and your new plan election starts on the 1st of January. If you are new to Medicare, you are given a one-time Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most folks, their IEP happens then they reach age 65. In rare cases, Medicare will grant a special enrollment period. If you miss your IEP or the AEP, you’ll have to wait until the next AEP to enroll, so mark your calendar.
If you are ready to enroll in an North Carolina MA plan, but you’re not sure how, relax, because it’s easy. To get started you’ll need a Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is licensed in your state to sell health and life insurance products. Plus, they are experts on the latest plans available, and they are required by law to follow strict selling and marketing guidelines. It’s all for your protection. If you prefer, you can purchase plans directly through Medicare.gov, as well. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in North Carolina
- 2017 North Carolina Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2017 North Carolina Medicare Supplements
- 2017 North Carolina Medicare Part D Plans
2017 Medicare Advantage Plans in North Carolina
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in North Carolina, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- HumanaChoice R5826-079
- HumanaChoice R5826-063
- Blue Medicare HMO Medical Only
- Blue Medicare HMO Standard
- Blue Medicare PPO Enhanced
- HumanaChoice H6609-125
- Blue Medicare HMO Enhanced
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Select
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured Prime
- Aetna Medicare Connect Plus
- AARP MedicareComplete Essential
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 2
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 1
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-063
- Aetna Medicare Premier Plan
- Cigna-HealthSpring Preferred
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice
- Humana Gold Plus H1036-138
- HumanaChoice H5525-026
- Humana Gold Plus H1036-137
- Advantra Gold
- Blue Medicare HMO Essential
- Aetna Medicare Value Plan
- FirstMedicare Direct PPO Plus
- FirstMedicare Direct HMO Standard
- FirstMedicare Direct HMO Plus
- HealthTeam Advantage Plan I
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan
- HealthTeam Advantage Plan II
- AARP MedicareComplete
- Humana Gold Plus H1036-233
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Rx
- UnitedHealthcare MedicareDirect Essential