Hello New Mexico seniors! On this page you will find a complete list of Medicare Advantage Plans for New Mexico beneficiaries, organized by county. Not familiar with Medicare Advantage? No problem, it’s easy. An Advantage Plan replaces your Original Medicare with a traditional HMO or PPO health plan that offers you more coverage.
Rural counties in New Mexico may have few HMO or PPO health plans, or possibly none at all. Advantage Plan providers uses hospital and doctor networks to provide care. Find your county below to start comparing plans..
Locate a Medicare Agent in New Mexico!
Ready to get quotes? We keep a up-to-date list of Medicare insurance agents licensed to sell plans in New Mexico. Click Here Now to meet your agents. Get confidential quotes online to find the best rate.
Medicare Advantage vs. Original Medicare with Medigap: New Mexico Full Coverage Choices
If you’re concerned that an HMO or PPO health plan will overly limit your care, a Medicare Advantage Plan is not your only option. For a small amount more in your monthly premium you can have the best senior healthcare available. When you keep your Original Medicare and supplement it with Medicare Part D and supplemental Medicare insurance, you have full coverage with very few restrictions. Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) in New Mexico protects you from the risk of big hospital and doctor bills. See our Medicare Supplemental Insurance page for more information. You will be relieved to know that all supplement plan available in New Mexico are are standard. That means you have the benefit of shopping by best price.
New Mexico Medicare Advantage Enrollment Options
In general, there are two times that you can enroll in a New Mexico Medicare Advantage plan that’s available in your county. The first time you can enroll is during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most people, your IEP happens when you turn 65. After that, you enroll in an MA plan during open enrollment, called the Annual Election Period (AEP). During AEP, which starts every year on October 1st and ends on December 7th, you can enroll, dis-enroll or change plans.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in New Mexico use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
Related Medicare Health Insurance in New Mexico
- Medicare Advantage Plans in New Mexico
- New Mexico Medigap Plans
- New Mexico Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans
2015 Medicare Advantage Plans in New Mexico
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in New Mexico, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- Care Improvement Plus Medicare Advantage
- Presbyterian MediCare PPO Plan 2 with Rx
- Presbyterian MediCare PPO Plan 1
- Presbyterian MediCare PPO Plan 3 with Rx
- HumanaChoice H6411-008
- HumanaChoice H6609-111
- HumanaChoice H6609-115
- HumanaChoice H6411-007
- Amerivantage Classic + Rx
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-078
- Lovelace Medicare Plan Plus
- Lovelace Medicare Plan Deluxe
- Lovelace Medicare Plan Classic
- Lovelace Medicare Plan Premier
- Lovelace Medicare Plan Enhanced provided by BCBSNM
- Lovelace Medicare Plan $0 provided by BCBSNM
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Choice Plus
- Molina Medicare Options
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Choice Premier
- Presbyterian Senior Care Plan 2 with Rx
- Presbyterian Senior Care Plan 3 with Rx
- Presbyterian Senior Care Plan 1
- Humana Gold Plus
- Humana Gold Plus H2649-029
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Basic
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Premier
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Value
- Blue Cross Medicare Advantage Premier Plus
- Christus Health Plan
- HumanaChoice H6609-114
- HumanaChoice H6411-002
- Lovelace Medicare Plan Enhanced
- Lovelace Medicare Plan of San Juan County
- Lovelace Medicare Plan $0