Greetings Michigan seniors, and welcome! If you’re looking for a 2017 Medicare Advantage Plan for Michigan seniors with Medicare, you’re in the right place. An Advantage Plan is an approved HMO or PPO healthcare plan that you can elect to replace your Original Medicare private-fee-for-service benefits. They are designed to save you money and reduce your financial risk.
Be aware that some Michigan counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Get Quotes From Licensed Michigan Medicare Agents!
Local Medicare insurance agents want to compete for your business. All agents are licensed to quote and sell plans in the state of Michigan. Click Here to see your exclusive agents and request your confidential quotes.
Medicare Advantage vs. Original Medicare with Medigap: Michigan Full Coverage Choices
Many seniors worry that a Medicare Advantage Plan will limit their services. If this is your worry, there is a second way to get full coverage healthcare. Medicare supplemental insurance combined and a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan work with your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits to give you the best coverage possible. If you are not aware of the benefits offered by Medicare Supplement insurance in Michigan, and how this type of plan protects you from excessive deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, visit our Medicare Supplement Insurance page. All supplements sold in Michigan are standardized and regulated by the state. That means you can shop for the lowest price and rest assured that you’ll get all of the same benefits.
Michigan Medicare Advantage Enrollment Options
In general, there are two times that you can enroll in a Michigan Medicare Advantage plan that’s available in your county. The first time you can enroll is during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most people, your IEP happens when you turn 65. After that, you enroll in an MA plan during open enrollment, called the Annual Election Period (AEP). During AEP, which starts every year on October 1st and ends on December 7th, you can enroll, dis-enroll or change plans.
If you are ready to enroll in an Michigan MA plan, but you’re not sure how, relax, because it’s easy. To get started you’ll need a Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is licensed in your state to sell health and life insurance products. Plus, they are experts on the latest plans available, and they are required by law to follow strict selling and marketing guidelines. It’s all for your protection. If you prefer, you can purchase plans directly through Medicare.gov, as well. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in Michigan
- 2017 Michigan Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2017 Michigan Medicare Supplements
- 2017 Michigan Medicare Part D Plans
2017 Medicare Advantage Plans in Michigan
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Michigan, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- HumanaChoice R5826-053
- HumanaChoice R5826-006
- Medicare Plus Blue PPO Vitality
- Medicare Plus Blue PPO Signature
- Medicare Plus Blue PPO Essential
- Medicare Plus Blue PPO Assure
- BCN Advantage HMO-POS Prestige
- BCN Advantage HMO-POS Elements
- BCN Advantage HMO-POS Classic
- BCN Advantage HMO-POS Basic
- PriorityMedicare Value
- PriorityMedicare Select
- PriorityMedicare Merit
- PriorityMedicare Key
- PriorityMedicare Ideal
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-006
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-121
- McLaren Advantage Sapphire
- McLaren Advantage Diamond
- HAP Senior Plus – Expanded Network
- HealthPlus MedicarePlus Option 0
- HealthPlus MedicarePlus Option 1
- Alliance Medicare PPO
- Upper Peninsula Health Plan Advantage
- HumanaChoice H5216-010
- HumanaChoice H5216-009
- Meridian Prime
- BCN Advantage HMO ConnectedCare
- HAP Senior Plus – Henry Ford
- Humana Gold Plus H8908-001
- Harbor Medicare Select
- BCN Advantage HMO MyChoice Wellness
- Harbor Medicare
- Paramount Elite – Standard Medical and Drug
- Paramount Elite – Enhanced Medical Only
- Paramount Elite – Enhanced Medical and Drug
- Humana Gold Plus H8908-002
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Freedom