Greetings Massachusetts seniors, and welcome! If you’re looking for a 2017 Medicare Advantage Plan for Massachusetts seniors with Medicare, you’re in the right place. An Advantage Plan is an approved HMO or PPO healthcare plan that you can elect to replace your Original Medicare private-fee-for-service benefits. They are designed to save you money and reduce your financial risk.
Be aware that some Massachusetts counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Get Quotes From Licensed Massachusetts Medicare Agents!
Local Medicare insurance agents want to compete for your business. All agents are licensed to quote and sell plans in the state of Massachusetts. Click Here to see your exclusive agents and request your confidential quotes.
Supplement Plans vs. Advantage HMO or PPO: Full Coverage Health Plan Options in Massachusetts
Many seniors worry that a Medicare Advantage Plan will limit their services. If this is your worry, there is a second way to get full coverage healthcare. Medicare supplemental insurance combined and a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan work with your Medicare Part A and Part B benefits to give you the best coverage possible. If you are not aware of the benefits offered by Medicare Supplement insurance in Massachusetts, and how this type of plan protects you from excessive deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, visit our Medicare Supplement Insurance page. All supplements sold in Massachusetts are standardized and regulated by the state. That means you can shop for the lowest price and rest assured that you’ll get all of the same benefits.
When and How to Enroll in a Massachusetts Medicare Advantage Plan
Medicare Advantage open enrollment for Massachusetts beneficiaries, called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP), happens every year starting on the 1st of October. AEP ends on the 7th of December, and your new plan election starts on the 1st of January. If you are new to Medicare, you are given a one-time Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most folks, their IEP happens then they reach age 65. In rare cases, Medicare will grant a special enrollment period. If you miss your IEP or the AEP, you’ll have to wait until the next AEP to enroll, so mark your calendar.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in Massachusetts use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in Massachusetts
- 2017 Massachusetts Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2017 Massachusetts Medicare Supplements
- 2017 Massachusetts Medicare Part D Plans
2017 Medicare Advantage Plans in Massachusetts
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Massachusetts, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice
- Medicare PPO Blue PlusRx
- Fallon Senior Plan Super Saver Rx
- Medicare HMO Blue ValueRx
- Fallon Senior Plan Saver Enhanced RX
- Medicare HMO Blue PlusRx
- Fallon Senior Plan Saver
- Medicare HMO Blue FlexRx
- Fallon Senior Plan Plus Enhanced RX
- Medicare PPO Blue ValueRx
- Medicare PPO Blue SaverRx
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Basic Rx
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Value Rx
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Value No Rx
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Prime Rx
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Prime No Rx
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Prime Rx Plus
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Saver Rx
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 2
- AARP MedicareComplete Plan 1
- Harvard Pilgrim Stride Value Rx Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Stride Value Rx
- HNE Medicare Premium No Rx
- HNE Medicare Premium
- HNE Medicare Plus
- HNE Medicare Basic No Rx
- HNE Medicare Basic
- HNE Medicare Value
- Tufts Medicare Preferred HMO Basic No Rx
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Freedom
- Fallon Senior Plan Standard Enhanced Rx
- Fallon Senior Plan Standard
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs