Welcome Maine seniors! This page has the complete list of 2019 Medicare Advantage Plans for Maine beneficiaries. Health plans are organized by county to make them easy to find. A Medicare Advantage plan replace your Original Medicare benefits with government approved private healthcare insurance (HMO or PPO) that saves money.
Be aware that some Maine counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Get Quotes From Licensed Maine Medicare Agents!
Local Medicare insurance agents want to compete for your business. All agents are licensed to quote and sell plans in the state of Maine. Click Here to see your exclusive agents and request your confidential quotes.
Supplement Plans vs. Advantage HMO or PPO: Full Coverage Health Plan Options in Maine
A Medicare Advantage plan is one option for full coverage health insurance, but you have a second option that works with your Original Medicare. You can keep your Part A and Part B coverage and supplement it with a Medigap policy and a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan. If you’re not familiar with Medigap policies in Maine, and how they pay your deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, read our Medicare Supplement page. All Medigap plans available in Maine are standardized. That means a Plan F, as an example, has the same benefits from every company that sells it. The only difference is the monthly premium
When and How to Enroll in a Maine Medicare Advantage Plan
In general, there are two times that you can enroll in a Maine Medicare Advantage plan that’s available in your county. The first time you can enroll is during your Initial Enrollment Period (IEP). For most people, your IEP happens when you turn 65. After that, you enroll in an MA plan during open enrollment, called the Annual Election Period (AEP). During AEP, which starts every year on October 1st and ends on December 7th, you can enroll, dis-enroll or change plans.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in Maine use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in Maine
2018 Medicare Advantage Plans in Maine
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Maine, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- Martin’s Point Generations Advantage Value
- Martin’s Point Generations Advantage Select
- Martin’s Point Generations Advantage Prime
- Today’s Options Premier 100
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 450B
- Today’s Options Premier Plus 150A
- Today’s Options Premier 200
- Aetna Medicare Elite Plan
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice Plan 2
- AARP MedicareComplete Choice Plan 1
- Aetna Medicare Connect Plus
- Anthem MediBlue Plus
- Today’s Options Advantage Plus 150A
- Humana Gold Plus H5619-007
- Harvard Pilgrim Stride Value Rx Plus
- Harvard Pilgrim Stride Value Rx
- Today’s Options Advantage Plus 550B
- Today’s Options Advantage 200
- Humana Gold Plus H5619-011
- Humana Gold Plus H5619-001
- Aetna Medicare Value Plan
- Aetna Medicare Select Plan
- Anthem MediBlue Access
- Today’s Options Advantage Plus 450B
- Martin’s Point Generations Advantage Value Plus