Welcome Colorado seniors! This page has the complete list of 2017 Medicare Advantage Plans for Colorado beneficiaries. Health plans are organized by county to make them easy to find. A Medicare Advantage plan replace your Original Medicare benefits with government approved private healthcare insurance (HMO or PPO) that saves money.
Be aware that some Colorado counties have more plans than others. In fact, Medicare Advantage Plans are not available in all counties. Availability is based on established hospital and doctor networks. Find and click on your county below to see plans.
Find a Colorado Medicare Insurance Agent!
We maintain an exclusive list of Medicare insurance agents and agencies licensed to sell Medicare Advantage plans in Colorado. Click Here to see your agents. You can request confidential quotes online to compare rates.
Medigap & Medicare Part D vs. Medicare Advantage: Best Colorado Full-Coveral Health Insurance
A Medicare Advantage plan is one option for full coverage health insurance, but you have a second option that works with your Original Medicare. You can keep your Part A and Part B coverage and supplement it with a Medigap policy and a Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plan. If you’re not familiar with Medigap policies in Colorado, and how they pay your deductibles, co-insurances and co-pays, read our Medicare Supplement page. All Medigap plans available in Colorado are standardized. That means a Plan F, as an example, has the same benefits from every company that sells it. The only difference is the monthly premium
Medicare Advantage Enrollment in Colorado
If you want to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan available in Colorado, you can do so during an enrollment period. Colorado seniors turning 65, and those with Medicare Disability, have an Individual Enrollment Period (IEP). Your IEP starts two months before you are eligible and ends two months after eligibility. After that you must enroll or make changes to your plan during the Annual Election Period (AEP), more commonly known as open enrollment. AEP starts 15 October and ends promptly on 7 December.
Enrollment itself is quite easy. Most people in Colorado use an independent Medicare insurance agent. Your agent is a licensed expert who knows the details of all of the plans available in your area. They get paid to find the best plan for you, and they are restricted by law from using selling and marketing tactics deems unethical by CMS. The second way to sign up is to go directly to the Medicare.gov website or call the Medicare.gov hotline. Click here to get started.
Medicare Plans & Insurance in Colorado
- 2017 Colorado Medicare Advantage Plans
- 2017 Colorado Medicare Supplements
- 2017 Colorado Medicare Part D Plans
2017 Medicare Advantage Plans in Colorado
The following Medicare Advantage Plans are available in Colorado, ordered by most available. Consult your county page for availability in your area.
- Rocky Mountain Plus Plan
- Rocky Mountain Green Plan + Rx
- Rocky Mountain Thrifty Plan + Rx
- Rocky Mountain Green Plan
- Rocky Mountain Thrifty Plan
- AB Basic Plan
- Rocky Mountain Standard Plan + Rx
- Rocky Mountain Standard Plan
- Rocky Mountain Plus Plan + Rx
- HumanaChoice H6609-113
- HumanaChoice H6609-112
- HumanaChoice H6609-111
- HumanaChoice H6609-110
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-120
- Humana Gold Choice H8145-123
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage Core
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage Silver
- Humana Gold Plus H2649-043
- Humana Gold Plus H2649-042
- Aetna Medicare Prime Plan
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Essential
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Plan 2
- AARP MedicareComplete SecureHorizons Plan 1
- Kaiser Permanente Senior Advantage Gold
- Colorado Choice Platinum Plan
- Colorado Choice Gold Plan
- Colorado Choice Silver Plan
- Aetna Medicare Connect Plus
- Colorado Choice Silver SV Plan
- Colorado Choice Platinum SV Plan
- Colorado Choice Gold SV Plan
- Anthem MediBlue Plus
- Erickson Advantage Signature without Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Signature with Drugs
- Erickson Advantage Freedom
- Denver Health Medicare Select