Nevada seniors can choose from 25 Medicare Part D Plans in 2019. Choose carefully, and don’t settle on a prescription drug plan until you know that your most expensive medications are covered at a price you can afford. This information is available in the plan’s formulary. The formulary also gives you the co-payment information.
2018 Medicare Part D Donut Hole in Nevada
If you have expensive prescriptions, chances are that you will reach the Medicare coverage gap (aka, donut hole) on your plan. The Affordable Care Act law closes the gap over the new few years, but it’s still with us in 2018. Until it’s gone you’ll need to use good sense to get through the period when your medications are not covered.
Using a Nevada Medigap Policy with a Medicare Part D Plan
Healthcare reform has not changed the 80 percent coverage you get from Medicare for hospital and medical services. You are still responsible for paying the remaining 20 percent of all hospital and doctor bills. Even a brief hospital stay can cost you thousands of dollars out-of-pocket. You need to protect yourself from the potential financial disaster of an injury or illness, because your Original Medicare does not have you covered. That’s why we publishe a complete catalog of Medigap plans available to Nevada seniors. Medigap supplemental Medicare policies are regulated by your state board of insurance. They are completely compatible with all Medicare Part D plans.
Medicare Part D Benefits Offered by Most Medicare Advantage Plans in Nevada
The rising cost of healthcare is the number one reason more Nevada seniors than ever are switching to Medicare Advantage. With lower out-of-pocket costs, an annual out-of-pocket cap, and precription drug benefits (on most plans), it makes a lot of sense. More than 15-million people on Medicare made the switch in 2015. Have you compared the benefts? We have a complete catalog with all Nevada Medicare Advantage plans that makes plans easy to compare.
Eligability and Availability
You are eligible to apply for a Medicare Part D Plan in Nevada if you are:
- A resident,
- Enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, and
- You are age 65 or over (or have Medicare due to a disability).
Medigap Part D Plans are available in the following counties: Clark, Lincoln, Nye, Esmeralda, White Pine, Lander, Eureka, Washoe, Lyon, Humboldt, Churchill, Douglas, Mineral, Pershing, Storey, Carson City, Elko, and all other areas of the state.